Vietnam Airlines will begin codesharing with its low-cost subsidiary Jetstar Pacific, effective 21 May.

The codeshares will initially cover all domestic routes operated by Jetstar Pacific, before expanding to international services, says state-owned carrier.

Vietnam Airlines passengers flying on a codeshare flight will continue to be offered meals or snacks, and enjoy free luggage allowance, despite being on a Jetstar Pacific flight. The top tier members of its Golden Lotus Plus frequent flyer programme will also have a dedicated counter at the Da Nang, Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh City airports.

“The codeshare cooperation will bring more convenient connections at a lower cost to the customers of Vietnam Airlines. Passengers can choose Jetstar Pacific’s domestic and international flights on Vietnam Airlines system, while still enjoying preferential treatment,” adds Jetstar Pacific’s chief executive Le Hong Ha.

Vietnam Airlines owns a 70% stake in Jetstar Pacific, while Qantas holding the remaining 30%.

Source: Cirium Dashboard