China harbours ambitions aplenty to become a powerful force in aerospace as well as being a rapidly growing marketplace for the global industry's products and services. Next week's eighth Airshow China in Zhuhai will see the People's Republic display the potential of its burgeoning aerospace base - including its indigenous military programmes - and open doors for overseas manufacturers in the civil sector to hundreds of would-be customers and industrial partners.
- Investment: OEMs are setting up shop to tap growing market and cheaper labour
- Commercial aircraft: Will home-grown C919 stick to its schedule?
- Regional jet: ARJ21 puts on a show
- Airbus: European airframer says its Chinese venture is ready for the next step
- Defence: Can China's lookalike fighters prove themselves in action?
Source: Flight International