HORIZONS Technology (HTI) of San Diego, California, has formed a joint venture with Kuala Lumpur-based Zetro to provide aircraft-engineering, avionics-integration and software-development services in Malaysia and the Asia-Pacific region.

The agreement to form Zetro Technologies follows the selection of HTI to supply mission-planning equipment for the Royal Malaysian Air Force's McDonnell Douglas F-18Ds. Zetro holds 60% of the new company, while HTI holds the remaining 40%.

Zetro already provides engineering services to the Malaysian aviation industry and operates a repair centre in Kuala Lumpur, which handles instruments, avionics and accessories. HTI is supplying F-18 mission-support systems to the Finnish, Malaysian and Swiss air forces under contracts totaling $9 million.

Source: Flight International