* Lufthansa subsidiary GlobeGround has agreed to buy US-based Hudson General in a move that should end a take-over battle for the airport services provider. The GlobeGround offer tops earlier bids from Ranger Aerospace, Ogden and a group of Hudson managers. GlobeGround - which already owns 49% of Hudson affiliate Hudson General - will be allowed to match any subsequent third-party offers.
* Fairchild, a leading aerospace and industrial fastener manufacturer, has acquired a 77.3% stake in SNEP of France, a manufacturer of precision-machined fasteners for the European aerospace, industrial and automotive markets.
* Dallas, Texas-based TriStar Aerospace has agreed to buy Standard Parts and Equipment, based at nearby Fort Worth, for $31.6 million. Both companies specialise in the distribution of aerospace fasteners, and TriStar says the acquisition of Standard should speed plans to expand into the business jet sector - especially with its newest customer, Cessna Aircraft.
* Airtel ATN of Dublin, a communications software developer for the aeronautical industry, has acquired National Avionics, also of Ireland, for an undisclosed sum. National Avionics specialises in navigation solutions for air traffic congestion problems.
* Stowe Machine, a subsidiary of US aero-engine components specialist Ladish, has agreed to buy Adco Manufacturing for an undisclosed sum. Ladish says the combination of Stowe and Connecticut-based Adco will create a "an outstanding finish turning and milling source for the jet engine industry".
* The Florida-based HEICO group has acquired Radiant Power, a US subsidiary of Canada's Derlan Industries, for $6.5 million. Radiant offers back-up power supplies and battery packs for a variety of aircraft systems, such as emergency lighting. The business will be incorporated into HEICO's fast expanding Ground Support group.
Source: Flight International