It may struggle for the spotlight against its bigger European rivals, Paris and Farnborough, but the public debut of the A400M and an appearance by Lufthansa’s first A380 should make next week’s ILA in Berlin a show to remember. In the following package, we check out the progress of the Airbus Military airlifter and another vital pan-European programme, the NH90 helicopter. We assess how engine-maker MTU has made a success of being everybody’s friend and prospects for the revived Dornier 228 turboprop. We also look at a cluster project in Hamburg and a research initiative in Bavaria.
- ILA preview: How Berlin has survived
- A400M: Here at last, but what now?
- NH90: Winning plaudits
- MTU: Serial partner on propulsion
- Ruag: Swiss roll with new Dornier 228
- Hamburg cluster: Beyond Airbus
- Lufthansa Technik: On time A380
- Bauhaus Luftfahrt: Bavarian brains
Source: Flight International