Join executive editor Graham Dunn and managing editor Lewis Harper as they discuss a tough – and, at times, perplexing – start to the year for airlines.
If the industry thought it was getting some respite from a challenging first couple of weeks in 2020, fortunes quickly dipped again as the impact of the coronavirus began to be felt by airlines in China and beyond.
At the same time, however, fuel prices are helpfully low, and a moderating of capacity growth continues to benefit the yield environment.
Graham and Lewis also discuss the latest happenings at ailing UK carrier Flybe, and the strategy behind LOT Polish Airline’s purchase of German leisure carrier Condor.
There are several ways to listen to the Airline Business podcast.
You can listen via the Soundcloud player above, but the easiest method is to subscribe via your usual podcast app by searching for “Airline Business”. This will ensure you get each new edition as soon as it is released, and also means you can download the podcast to listen to at your leisure.
You can also listen and subscribe via the links belo
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/airline-business-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4Ph6o5n8hbAH1w8oWvaln9
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/airlinebusinesspodcast
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=374940&refid=stpr
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/News–Politics-Podcasts/Airline-Business-Podcast-p1206569
- RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:572511894/sounds.rss