Graham and Lewis consider the main talking points from the recent IATA AGM in Doha, at which the association outlined an improved economic outlook for the industry.
At the same time as better news on Covid restrictions being dropped, however, executives also acknowledged a new set of headwinds.
They also discuss the return of the Airbus A380 at some carriers, after questions were asked about its future during the pandemic.
The superjumbo is returning to operations amid a stronger-than-expected recovery in demand and delays in other key widebody aircraft programmes.
They also discuss a recent bumper aircraft order by Chinese carriers and the forthcoming Farnborough air show.
There are several ways to listen to the Airline Business podcast.
You can listen via the Soundcloud player above, but the easiest method is to subscribe via your usual podcast app by searching for “Airline Business”. This will ensure you get each new edition as soon as it is released, and also means you can download the podcast to listen to at your leisure.
You can also listen and subscribe via the links below:
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/airline-business-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4Ph6o5n8hbAH1w8oWvaln9
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/airlinebusinesspodcast
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=374940&refid=stpr
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/News–Politics-Podcasts/Airline-Business-Podcast-p1206569
- RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:572511894/sounds.rss