With talk in some regions turning to how airline markets might open up again as coronavirus cases peak, Graham and Lewis examine the current state of the industry and where it might be heading.
Among the topics considered, they look at Virgin Australia’s demise and the moral hazard faced by governments around helping airlines. Could we see more state-owned carriers in future?
They also discuss how airlines might deal with the demand for social distancing on flights – or, indeed, whether it is an issue carriers can solve.
And they consider which markets might be first to return – in geographic and business-model terms.
There are several ways to listen to the Airline Business podcast.
You can listen via the Soundcloud player above, but the easiest method is to subscribe via your usual podcast app by searching for “Airline Business”. This will ensure you get each new edition as soon as it is released, and also means you can download the podcast to listen to at your leisure.
You can also listen and subscribe via the links below:
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/airline-business-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4Ph6o5n8hbAH1w8oWvaln9
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/airlinebusinesspodcast
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=374940&refid=stpr
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/News–Politics-Podcasts/Airline-Business-Podcast-p1206569
- RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:572511894/sounds.rss