Graham and Lewis talk through the growing list of consolidation moves within the global industry, discussing why deals take such a long time to get over the line.
They then look back on Graham’s recent interview with Lufthansa Group chief executive Carsten Spohr and what he had to say about the Italian market, before considering the launch of Riyadh Air and a bumper widebody deal for Saudi carriers.
Finally, Lewis talks through our latest survey of women in the C-suite, with data showing the number of female chief executives has shot up over the past 12 months.
Music credit: Tea K Pea “highabove”/Creative Commons
There are several ways to listen to the Airline Business podcast.
You can listen via the Soundcloud player above, but the easiest method is to subscribe via your usual podcast app by searching for “Airline Business”. This will ensure you get each new edition as soon as it is released, and also means you can download the podcast to listen to at your leisure.
You can also listen and subscribe via the links below:
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/airline-business-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4Ph6o5n8hbAH1w8oWvaln9
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/airlinebusinesspodcast
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=374940&refid=stpr
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/News–Politics-Podcasts/Airline-Business-Podcast-p1206569
- RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:572511894/sounds.rss