Graham and Lewis discuss the recent collapses of European carriers Flybe and Flyr, asking whether those developments belie a much brighter outlook for the industry in 2023.
They also consider recent comments from United Airlines chief executive Scott Kirby about fundamental changes to the industry coming out of the pandemic, which he suggests could make growth plans undeliverable if peers fail to act.
Expanding on Kirby’s comments, they further consider whether the industry is better prepared for the strong demand ahead as carriers and the wider sector gear up for the northern hemisphere summer.
Music credit: Tea K Pea “highabove”/Creative Commons
There are several ways to listen to the Airline Business podcast.
You can listen via the Soundcloud player above, but the easiest method is to subscribe via your usual podcast app by searching for “Airline Business”. This will ensure you get each new edition as soon as it is released, and also means you can download the podcast to listen to at your leisure.
You can also listen and subscribe via the links below:
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/airline-business-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4Ph6o5n8hbAH1w8oWvaln9
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/airlinebusinesspodcast
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=374940&refid=stpr
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/News–Politics-Podcasts/Airline-Business-Podcast-p1206569
- RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:572511894/sounds.rss